On May 31st, in PETEC Hai Phong Enterprise, nearly 500 candidates, supporters who are staffs of PVOIL’s divisions, offices and subsidiaries nationwide attended or encouraged their colleagues at a skill contest “Good operation team” the third time – in 2019 organized for PVOIL’s staffs working at petroleum storage system.
The contest was organized by PVOIL’s Labour Union and Communist Youth Union under consultancy and content preparations of profession divisions of the company.
There are 114 contestants from 19 subsidiaries and affiliates (19 teams) attended the contest to demonstrate their skills and knowledge. The contestants are commodity delivery and reception staffs, technical staffs, safety staffs working at PVOIL’s petroleum storage system.
Especially, in the way of organizing this skill contest, PVOIL’s subsidiaries and affiliates submitted the list of employees who have to attend the contest. The contestants will be selected randomly from the list. The team and selected contestants was announced one week ahead the day the competition took place.
The employees attended the contest in exciting atmosphere. A large volume of knowledge was asked and presented during the event.
For theoretical knowledge, it was organized under gameshow form. Contestants had to answer multiple choice questions about commodity management, equipment management at petroleum storage, health and safety - fire prevention at petroleum storage, customer service, criteria to evaluate quality services at petroleum storage under Scheme 808, and questions about situations which may happen while operating petroleum storage.
For practical knowledge, the contestants must show skill in connecting pipelines, removing petroleum from a tank to another tank.
Despite of heavy rain and strong wind ahead and during the contest day in Hai Phong, the preparation tasks and the contest was organized well thanks to support from the steering committee, organization board, the judge.
Addressing the opening and closing ceremony of the contest, PVOIL’s President & CEO Cao Hoai Duong highlighted the purposes and importance of the contest. He saw the contest as an interesting form of profession training and education. The contest created opportunity for petroleum storage staffs to review theory and conduct additional practices which will be useful for the company’s operation.
Having testing results of the contestants, organization board, the jury, leaders of divisions, and PVOIL leaders were proud and confident that their staffs working at the petroleum storage system and PVOIL system in general can perform well their tasks.
Here is the contest results:
- First prize: PVOIL Nha Be
- Second prize: PETEC, PVOIL Dinh Vu
- Third prize: PVOIL Cai Lan, PVOIL Phu Yen, PVOIL Ha Noi
- Encouraged prize: PVOIL Mien Dong, PVOIL Vung Ang, PVOIL Thua Thien Hue, PVOIL Thai Binh, PETROMEKONG
- Best cheers: PVOIL Dinh Vu
On this occasion, PVOIL awarded prizes for winners of “command and deploy fire fighting squad” contest organized at PVOIL’s petroleum storage system in March 2019. Here is the result:
Group 1: Petroleum storage with fire trucks
- First prize: PETEC Hai Phong
- Second prize: PVOIL Dinh Vu, PVOIL Vung Ang
- Third prize: PVOIL Mien Dong, PVOIL Cai Lan, PETEC – Alpha Vinh Long
- Encouraged prize: PVOIL Nha Be, PETROMEKONG
Group 2: Petroleum storage without fire trucks with capacity > 5.000 m3
- First prize: PVOIL Quang Ngai
- Second prize: PVOIL Tay Ninh
- Third prize: PVOIL Phu Yen, PVOIL Mien Trung
Group 3: Petroleum storage without fire trucks with capacity ≤ 5.000 m3
- First prize: PETROMEKONG – Ba Tri
- Second prize: PVOIL Thanh Hoa
- Third prize: PETROMEKONG – Long Duc, PVOIL Phu Tho
Prize for the best commander:
- Ms. Do Thi Loan – Director of PETEC Hai Phong
- Mr. Tran Le Tho – Director of PVOIL Dinh Vu
- Mr. Lai The Nghia – Director of PVOIL Quang Ngai
- Mr. Tran Trong Khanh – Head of Bac Giang Petroleum storage - PVOIL Ha Noi
Here are some pictures of the contest: